Zine of Wondrous Power Issue 04 is ready and I’m taking it to Kickstarter to fund a full-color print run!
The new issue features a mix of game material ranging from fantasy to sci-fi, and three short essays.
- A Talmudic Bestiary – A collection of creatures from Jewish lore. Compatible with Old-School Essentials.
- Welcome to the Dalelands – An essay about my travels in the Midwest and how it tied into my gaming life.
- DaVinci Labs: WRK400 Workman Modular Mecha – A technical profile on a utilitarian mecha.
- What’s the Point of It? – An essay about gaming while the world burns around you, and why I still do it
- The Ioun Codex: Addendum – The Iounmancer – A prestige class about mastery of ioun magic. Compatible with Old-School Essentials.
- The Secret of Brook’s Mine – A small dungeon crawl with an out-of-this-world surprise.
- Games as Essays – An essay about games primarily expressing ideas rather than rules for play.
Issue 04 is a 24-page, saddle-stitched, 5.5-inch by 8.5-inch full-color printed zine.
The campaign runs for 2 weeks, and the funding goal is $500. If we make that, there is a stretch goal for a bonus zine which will be announced later on.
I hope you’ll join me!